UBEL funding is now open: https://ubel-dtp.ac.uk/eligibility/pathways/human-geography. A few notes for applicants:
- Check eligibility: “ESRC studentships are open to all UK applicants. Applicants are also eligible for a studentship if they have been an ordinary resident in the UK for three years prior to the start of the studentship grant. For instance, if the applicant applies for a studentship to start in October 2020, they must have resided in the UK since October 2017.”
- The topic MUST be in the area of GIScience, quantitative human geography, or geographic data science, preferably in the area of urban analytics. If you intend to contact me as a potential supervisor, check my research interests. See also the tips to write a good project.
- The PhD would be in co-supervision between Birkbeck and University College London
- See currently funded students https://ubel-dtp.ac.uk/current-students/profiles/cities
- Send me a preliminary proposal by 5 Dec 2019. The submission deadline is 6 Jan 2020.