I currently support applications for PhD and postdoctoral funding in geographic data science (or closely related fields). I would be very happy to discuss research ideas and application details. Contact me by email enclosing (i) a short CV / résumé, (ii) short research plan, and (iii) funding source you plan to apply for. I generally do not support self-funded PhDs.
- UBEL DTP scholarships in quantitative human geography/GIS (co-supervision with UCL) – deadline: 6 Jan 2020
Resources for applicants
These resources are a useful starting point for PhD and postdoctoral funding at the University of London and in the UK:
- Doing a PhD at Birkbeck, University of London
- Postdoctoral funding at Birkbeck and in the UK
- Study UK: Prepare to Study and Live in the UK (online course)
- PhD scholarships at the School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy at Birkbeck (which includes the Dept. of Geography)
- PhD funding in the UK
- EU postdoctoral funding
Tips to write a good PhD/postdoctoral project proposal
See this page.